Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Wolf Among Us - Ch 1 - Faith - Review


The Wolf Among Us - Ch 1 - Faith - Review

The Wolf Among Us comes from a comic book by Bill Willingham called Fables.
I've never read it so have no idea what it's about, just like this game, I went into it with a clean slate, and I was pleasantly surprised.
The game is set in a place called Fabletown, which is literally a recreation of New York City, 
in a area where fairytales characters all live in harmony or at least did until the events of a mysterious murder.
You play as Big B who is the Big Bad Wolf, ironically the first person you get into a fight with happens to be the Woodsman who in the fairytale kills the Big Bad Wolf. 
If you've ever read the Brothers Grimm fairytales or seen any Disney movies it is a real treat to see famous characters and what could possibly be there real world counterparts.
When I started playing this game I thought it would be fun to tackle it as a bad ass until decisions I made had me regretting my past decisions, later on I tackled the game in another fashion. 
If you've never played a TellTale game then you should know that decisions you choose to make affect future decisions and options. 
So decisions you choose to make affect possible outcomes in the future.
I don't know if I simply don't remember past TellTale games action sequences being this interesting but this time around The Wolf Among Us has excellent Quick Time events. 
Whether it's a chase or a fight your still given options on what things you interact with.
Personally I enjoy the art style, even though I understand why people wouldn't. With a great story, interesting choices, intense action scenes, and an amazing twist ending that leaves me hungry for the next installment.
Chapter 1, Faith of The Wolf Among Us gets a 9 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment